Shakyra's Reviews > Going Under

Going Under by Georgia Cates

6919102
Apr 08, 12

Read in April, 2012

Thank You Georgia Cates for writing this beautiful Novel. I absoulutly loved it. You had me laughing and crying at the same time.I never had emotional responses with book but this was utterly amazing, i cant and wont compare it to other books i have read because nothing can compare.I have never read a book with such a jaw dropping ending until now, i wont spoil it but oh-my-goodness!!! i was in tears and then i realized there was an extra part, THANK GOD. Going Under is beautifully written and most definitely one of the best books I've EVER read. I'm not a professional reviewer but I cant help wanting to comment. i finished this book in just under two hours. thinking i would only read a few pages and be bored....that did not happen. within the first 30 pages i was hooked. i wasn't sure what sucked me in but whatever it was.....god i wanted more. I somehow wish more book were this amazing but then i don't because it would ruin the fun...wouldn't it?
The Characters.
O.M.G....one word.....Jessie.
he made me melt, i had butterflies while reading sections with him in it. I loved everything about him....i cant say anything bad about him. his selflessness was amazing, he wanted to protect the ones he loved with the dangers that strangled his life. His devotion to Claire was so amazing. As I got closer to the end i was think of a saying i hear all the time. "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be." it fit with the book perfectly. Jessie may not have been perfect in the eyes of the world but to me he was. i really wish that people in the real world had his heart.
Claire.
She made me wonder a bit, but that's what kept me interested. at first she was curious and then she wanted to save him and to me it made sense. she never gave up on him.
Also i love her friends Payton's sassy attitude, i made me laugh-out-loud.
Claires mother, i had guessed early on that she was adopted but i couldnt really figure out how i new that it just sorta popped up. Claires mothers protectiveness against her dating Jessie was understandable but to go that far i was "OKAY LADY SERIOUSLY!!"

The Plot.
when i read the blurb, i sat for a moment and thought 'it sounds okay' i was very skeptical. the cover didn't exactly suck me in but it was interesting enough to make me open it. within the first few pages i was like 'MMMM this could be very good' fifty pages later my brother come in my room babbling something too me, strangely out of character i waved him off saying 'Shhhhhh the book is getting into a good bit' but really i was think 'OMFG this whole thing is the good bit'
The plot was quiet smooth and kept me interested completely. i was literally about to scream at the end i was in tears thinking 'NO! it cant end this way. That wasn't suppose to happen," i wont spoil anything but oh-my-goodness my heart really did stop.

this book was sooo amazing, its a story you cant miss out on
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Under.