Katya's Reviews > Knight

Knight by Kristen Ashley

Jun 23, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, spicey
Read on April 09, 2012

** spoiler alert ** 3.95 Stars!

This was a very easy-to-read, hard-to-put-down, enjoyable, spicy story. If you like ULTRA Controlling Alpha Males...then you have one here in Knight, a wealthy, owner of the hottest night club in Denver. Goodreads calls this book one of the Bad Boys series...he is that.

Knight is a control freak, He controls everything in this novel from his employees to his family to....everything and everyone. And he expects to be obeyed. But, man, is he HOT with a Capital "H." How anyone could fight being pulled into his solar system I can't imagine.

Anya is your average girl, with nothing special about her...she even calls her slightly rounded stomach as a Buddha belly. Her parents were murdered in a car jacking when she was seven and she suffered the next eleven years under her Aunt's thumb, a woman who was negligent, abusive and UN-nuturing towards Anya.

Anya attends a party thrown by the evil, manipulative Nick with her friends and walks into a bedroom to find a phone to call a cab and meets Knight who offers to take her home. She is instantly attracted to him and his protective nature. She doesn't know it but she is on the merry-go-round that is Knight now.

It is impossible to talk much about this story without giving away things that you should read and discover on your own. This book slowly discloses who Knight is little by little....by pealing back each layer for the reader as Anya discovers it.

I had a couple problems with this story and they had nothing to do with the quality of this novel or the writing. One being, (view spoiler)

I am trying to accept how Anya could condone (view spoiler)but It would bother me if I were Anya and I am surprised at how easily she accepted that.

What did I love? Knight....I mean when he hardly knows her and turns to her and says, "That dress, Babe, you wear it again, it's only for me." Whewwwwww or when she left him a voice mail to thank him for the gift and said, "Honey, we haven't even kissed yet." And despite not expecting to see him for a few days because he was busy working he shows up at her door, walks in gives her a hot, hot, hot kiss and then leaves to go back to work-was amazing. He is Sex-appeal with all caps.

I think this novel is worth every word and page-time well spent. I recommend it and I think that the things I have problems with or others might only make it an interesting discussion topic. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to book number two of the Bad Boys Series.
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight.

Searock Great review, Katya!

Kellie Maddox-Ward You've convinced me to read it! Great Review

Katya Thanks everyone.....I have recommended this to some who hated it! I am not saying this is the feel good romance novel of the year...it is NOT....but there is something about it that kept my interest.

message 5: by Mistik Ink (new)

Mistik Ink The ultra controlling alpha male thing works. I ve added it