Kalen's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Apr 08, 12

Read in April, 2012

I'd consider myself a late adopter of this book as I didn't start reading it until the movie had already been released. I didn't know much about the book before I started only that some people loved it, some liked it and others didn't really enjoy it at all. So really not much to go on.

When I did start reading the book I didn't find part one that exciting but it was still enjoyable. The first part didn't build the characters as much as I would have liked.

Once I started the second part I couldn't put the book down. I just wanted to keep reading because the story was very exciting from that point on. It really was a page turner for me which doesn't happen often. My urge to know what was going to happen next was strong although I was not necessarily attached to the characters so I didn't care if they lived or died. Although I did enjoy the outcome that came at the ending of the games. After the games were over I was a bit confused and found it difficult to follow everyone's feelings, reactions and expectations because there was little dialogue between the characters.

I do look forward to reading the next book and hope that it will answer some of my questions about the Capitol, District 13 and other characters.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.