Heather's Reviews > Titanic 2012

Titanic 2012 by Bill Walker

Jan 01, 2016

Read from April 08 to 12, 2012

What to say. Ever since James Cameron’s Titanic was released, it seems almost everyone has interest in the ill-fated ship’s story – some people more than others, as is the case here. This book almost seems to be homage to the movie, as it’s often referenced. There were moments it felt like overkill, but overall it did make it easier to visualize things while reading.

The book itself is quite interesting, although I thought the “darker purpose” was, um, interesting? Somewhat of a letdown, honestly.

The book as a whole held my interest from start to finish. And despite the less-than-light subject matter, it ended up being a pretty quick read. I think that’s partially because it’s well-written. The story of Trevor and Maddy is bittersweet – kinda like the whole aforementioned Titanic movie. I suppose it’s fitting. And the very end of the book is perfect.

Would I recommend this? Sure. Especially if you ever got caught up in Titanic fever. Will I read it again? Maybe. If you’re a fan of Titanic, especially the movie, you’re likely to enjoy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Titanic 2012.

04/08/2012 page 1