Georgina Ortiz's Reviews > The Wide Window

The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket

Apr 09, 2012

Read from April 08 to 09, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Reviewer's Note: I will be making a general review at the end of this series, so as not to make the same comments about each installment over and over. Each "mini-review" will just contain my favorite insights, quotes or definitions. Or maybe a comment that couldn't wait for the overall wrap-up/review when I finish Book 13.

Favorite insight: "Stealing, of course, is a crime, and a very impolite thing to do. But like most impolite things, it is excusable under certain circumstances. Stealing is not excusable if, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that a certain painting would look better in your house, and you simply grab the painting and take it there. But if you were a very, very hungry, and you had no way of obtaining money, it might be excusable to grab the painting, take it to your house, and eat it."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wide Window.

04/08/2012

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 3: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Suficiencia Stealing is the worst sin accdg to the dad in the kite runner :)

Georgina Ortiz Great book, The Kite Runner :) Will definitely read that again soon :) Hehe found it funny how Snicket said "eat" the painting :D

message 1: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Suficiencia Yup, KR is a favorite. The kids also love the unfortunate series :) and yes, snicket can be funny and sarcastic at the same time :)