Michelle's Reviews > Betrayed

Betrayed by P.C. Cast

Aug 22, 08

bookshelves: kids_and_y-a, vampires
Read in August, 2008

3.5 stars - it's much better than the first, but still has some issues.

our 2nd foray into zoey's life is a lot better paced and more interestingly written than the first. after the requisite 2 or 3 chapters worth of catching us up on the back story, the plot launches right in. since the world has already been introduced and established in the first book, this one can set to work with an actual problem/mystery/conflict for our intrepid teens to puzzle through. writing is fast-paced & snappy, and was quickly devoured in one night on the couch, so clearly there's something good going on here. the obnoxiously caricatured teen-speak dialogue and the horribly preachy attitudes about sexuality are still here, but thankfully reduced from the first outing.

this book was read immediately back-to-back with the first one, a necessity given the things left hanging at the close of 'marked'. yet again the authors feel the need to end their book with a cliffhanger, this one perhaps even more so than its predecessor, and that alone looses one star worth of positivity. finish your @#$* ideas, people!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayed.