Hollie Westmore's Reviews > The Twits

The Twits by Roald Dahl

F_50x66
Apr 08, 12

Roald Dahl- The Twits

As a child The Twits was my absolute favourite story to read over and over again. It was the first Roald Dahl story that I had read and it started my enthusiasm to read more books especially other Roal Dahl stories. I believe Roald Dahl’s The Twits would be appropriate for children in years 4-6, both boys and girls would love this story however as an adult I need no excuse to read this or any other Roald Dahl stories!

Mr and Mrs Twit is a disgusting, horrible, ugly couple who never wash and play foul tricks on one another. For instance Mrs Twit put a glass eye in Mr Twit’s beer which made him jump! For revenge Mr Twit put a frog in Mrs Twit’s bed which made Mrs Twit faint! The humour though out the story always made me want to read on and find out what tricks the Twits were planning on doing to each other! The small illustrations and the language used really made the characters come to life for me. I think that is the brilliance of Roald Dahl to make fictional characters become real throughout the story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twits.