Robin's Reviews > 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done

18 Minutes by Peter Bregman

Apr 08, 12

Read in April, 2012

A terrific book to motivate and organize yourself. I loved it so much I read through it twice, then bought it for two of my friends.

My favorite part of it dealt with not only understanding your strengths, but also taking a much kinder view of your "weaknesses," which might actually be just quirks that make you uniquely suited for particular types of business, art, and other activities. Recognizing those quirks and emphasizing them, rather than hiding and apologizing for them, might be exactly what sets you apart in the business or creative world.

I also appreciated Bregman's advice about narrowing your list to just five areas of personal and professional goals to focus on daily, and letting go of other obligations and activities that don't necessarily fit into your top five. We all have a lot of things we think we should or could do every day, but those aren't always the activities that will get us where we want to be, either in business or in our personal lives.

All in all, one of the best goal-setting and mental organization guides I've read in years. Highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 18 Minutes.