Nicolette's Reviews > Twined

Twined by A.L. Collins

Apr 08, 2012

bookshelves: goodreads-first-reads, badass-ladies
Read from June 04 to July 05, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Not going to lie.

I finished this book about two weeks ago...then I had to go back and re-read the last fifty or so pages. I was far too ADD to take all the action that slammed at me the last part of that book without going back and reading it again. (Also not helping is that I'm kind of a speed reader.)

Overall, though, I was a fan. The concept of the Twined was extremely interesting to me, though I feel like there wasn't enough meat in it. I like science, dammit! Was it a genetic evolution or actual interplanetary beings?! Roar.

Avalin made me smile; some of her more snarky quotes really reminded me of me as a bitchy seventeen year old, so that probably helped.

I am not really a fan of the cliffhanger, but from what I've been reading, it sounds like Part II won't be that far along that it'll piss me off for an extended period of time. Of course, that means I might actually have to murder my eyes since I don't have an ACTUAL Kindle and will have to settle for reading it on my iPhone. Totally worth it, though. (That is part of why I am giving this 4 stars, as I was bouncing back between 3 and 4. The anticipation is making it worth the extra.)

I was browsing the author's website (because I am a loser like that) and saw that he's still in the universe of exploring different genres to find a niche. I have to say, my own forays into writing twisted sci-fi NaNoWriMo myself, it's impressive to do it well. I'd be down for more of the supernatural stuff.

LEST I FORGET, many thanks to A.L. Collins and the lovely folks at Goodreads for my First Reads copy! :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twined.

06/05/2012 page 97