Harold's Reviews > The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle

M 50x66
Apr 08, 2012

Read in November, 2011

I read this book years ago and it made no sense. I recently went through a rough period at work with my boss. The outcome of this mental and emotional meltdown was my realization that all of it was based on my own mind made madness. I was given this title again by a close friend so I got the audio book. I was taking a trip to Hong Kong so I had lots of time to fill up with something meaningful on the 20 hours in an airplane so I chose this book. This time 'I got it!'. What an amazing transformation this book has caused in me. Don't mistake this book to be some superficial self help load of nonsense that lasts a month or so. This book, if you get it, (get it meaning it resonates with you at your Soul level) will point the way to true peace of mind. True freedom. An authentic life where you are not burdened by the past and not deluded by the future. Living life to its fullest in each moment, the now. BTW, it could be considered a diet book. You may not loose any pounds but you will loose years of useless baggage which weighed an enormous amout. Freedom, that is what this book will provide you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of Now.

08/16/2016 marked as: read