Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books's Reviews > Dark Kiss

Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen

The title Dark Kiss screams awesome. So does the cover, and when I started reading I knew I was right about the title implying this was going to be a deliciously wicked novel. Awesome storyline, awesome characters. Michelle Rowen is an awesome author, and she has written one awesome novel. Okay, with all that awesomeness out of my system, I can now tell you just how much I love Dark Kiss. Let me start with the characters. Samantha (Sam), Bishop, Kraven, Roth, Zach, Connor, and Carly and so many more, but these are the ones I fell in love with the most. Sam is the kinda shy, loner girl who really is tough. Bishop is the head angel who's in charge of this heavenly mission with two more angels: Zach, who a healer and Connor, the smart ass. Then there're the demons, Kraven, who is the good/bad boy and Roth, who is just a mean jerk, and they all are working together. Carly is Sam's cool best friend. Thank you Michelle Rowen for this incredible novel.

Sam is seventeen, and she never thought a kiss from the guy she’s been crushing would change her life forever. And she sure didn't think that kiss would become the reason why she’d be the only one that could save Bishop and his heavenly mission. This kiss is Sam's own something wicked, and it came straight for her. Sam and Bishop have a connection to each other, and it's not just for the mission, it's also one with their hearts. For Sam, this romance might be more dangerous than the dark kiss. Bishop has secrets about his past, the angel she’s falling in love with—the angel that is more dangerous than a demon.

Kraven is one of the demons sent on this mission to help Bishop. Kraven and Bishop have a secret, too. Rowen gives just enough about the secrets these two share to make me beg for the next book. Kraven—I couldn't get enough of this cocky bad boy. He is just slick, and when he says "sweetness", his nick name for Sam, it sends chills up my spine. Oh yes, I love Kraven, and Bishop is also a hottie. Both these bad boys make my heart race a little faster.

Dark Kiss is Heaven and Hell coming together to create the nightwatchers, who protect and whose mission is to save Trinity, New York from the evil in the darkness. And it all starts with a dangerous, delicious dark kiss. I highly recommend Dark Kiss as a must read and can't wait for the next book Wicked Kiss…and I thought Dark Kiss was an awesome title.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Kiss.

04/22/2012 page 22
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Celeste I just finished this last night and LOVED it! Can't wait to see what you think :)

Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books YAY! Celeste, now I can't wait to read it. Got to get finish with the book I'm reading now. I'm so glad to hear you LOVED IT! :)

Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books Celeste, I just stated reading Dark Kiss and the first pages had me screaming I LOVE this book! lol!

Celeste yay!! it really is so good!

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Fischer Wow - I guess I'm going to have to put this on my TBR list! Thanks for the suggestion:-)

Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books You're welcome Nancy :) Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

message 7: by ♥★Julia (new) - added it

♥★Julia What made this book so good?