Michelle Powers's Reviews > Good in Bed

Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

Apr 08, 2012

did not like it
Read in March, 2012

At page 50ish I thought “I don’t think I like this book” but I kept reading (why do I do that?!).

At page 98 I was talking to a friend on the phone and said “I think I’m going to stop reading this but let me get to page 100.

At page 110 I starting skimming/reading. By the time I got to the end, page 370something I thought “Why did I do that?!” Well I know why I did that…I felt I should read the book because Karen Grimwood, a friend who I had way-way-way back when, told me it was such a good book and because I liked In her Shoes, and I thought that it was me. I thought I’m not getting it. Lots of women like this book. I should like this book.

Maybe at 28 I would have gotten it better (that’s about how old I was when Karen recommended I read it). Maybe I would have been more understanding that a guy, who publically referred to her as Monica Lewisky-esque, never took her dog for a walk, and sat around getting high all day, was worth pining for. Maybe I would have been more sympathetic about her father issues. Maybe I would have been more understanding that not being a size 8 is traumatic. So if you’re 28 you may like this book—let me know!

If you’re a woman who really has better things to do…go do them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good in Bed.

message 1: by Amy (new)