John Kirk's Reviews > Red Dwarf Omnibus (Red Dwarf: Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers & Better Than Life)

Red Dwarf Omnibus (Red Dwarf by Grant Naylor

Apr 08, 2012

Read from March 02, 2010 to March 08, 2012 — I own a copy

Both of these novels are very good, and they go beyond the source material. In the TV series, the episodes were mostly independent of each other, but these books weave the stories together into a continuous narrative. That makes it an alternate reality, because events don't unfold the same way that they did in the TV series.

The bonus material in the omnibus isn't really up to much, but this is a convenient way to get both books together. There are a couple of changes to the text of the first book, e.g. Kevin Keegan was replaced by a fictitious zero-G football player (so that it wouldn't feel out of date a few years later), but nothing significant.

My only concern about this book is that one of the plot points was never resolved. If I ever get the chance to meet the author(s) then I'll ask them what would have happened. (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Dwarf Omnibus (Red Dwarf.