Wanda Hartzenberg's Reviews > The Bridge of Deaths

The Bridge of Deaths by M.C.V. Egan

Apr 08, 12

Read in April, 2012

The Bridge of Deaths by M.C.V Egan is a poignant journey into history.
The story is unique in several ways; firstly it is based on a true story. The author took time and effort to research the death of her grandfather and in this book his story is told. It is where conventional enquiries ended that this book takes a twist. Psychics, past life regression and shamans play a major role. I loved the fact that the author kept second guessing said routes of enquiry. The love story on the one hand and the obsession of one woman on the other makes this a balanced read.
I had some trepidation when the book arrived and I saw all the footnotes. Having an academic background I know how to use them but have never come across them in a story. It ended up delighting me and fascinating me, oh and costing me a fortune since I kept going to the internet to look up more information.
What defiantly got my attention though more than anything else is the respect shown by the author to the dead. Especially if you consider the fact that this woman's grandfather died before she was even born. This said, the book is respectfully written and a grand daughter's love is obvious.
I adored this book and thought it was brilliant and unique. I highly recommend it to anybody as long as you don’t mind detail. I give this book an easy 7 ******* rating. Enjoy that Mont Blanc. Well earned.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bridge of Deaths.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

M.C.V. Egan THANKS!!! :D

Wanda Hartzenberg It is my pleasure!