Faa's Reviews > The Bookseller of Kabul

The Bookseller of Kabul by Åsne Seierstad

Apr 08, 12

Recommended to Faa by: Book Clubs
Read on April 01, 2012 — I own a copy

Despite of the controversial popularity this book gained since the real bookseller sued the author of this book; my opinion would stay the same. That this book is biased and told in a foreign perspective without justice to the real people in this book.

I can't help from feeling irritated and disappointed on the way this book was told. Especially since the author is an international bestseller and receiver of few writing awards. Literature and journalistic can never be write in one voice. It would be biased, one sided and monotonous like this book. How would I know whether the stories were true; since only the bookseller can communicate well in English while the rest were just mumbles in between broken English and whatever vocabulary that they think right. A narrator who seemed to not even involved in the families daily life, who was not even give the character in this book; but only sit in their home and wrote judgmental stories on their life, traditions and religious believe.

Believe me, this is outrageous!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bookseller of Kabul.