Guilty Pleasures's Reviews > Karma

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: didi-reviews, penguin-reviews, publishersent
Read in April, 2012

DiDi's review posted 4/17 on Guilty Pleasures

SIGHHHH!!!! WOW!!! What an INCREDIBLE ending to the first SERENDIPITY trilogy.

KARAMA is Dare Barron and Liza McKnight's story. Dare is the happy go lucky brother, always has a smile on his face and always out to help others, no one realized the guilt, sadness and regret that his devastatingly handsome smile hides. Dare felt partly responsible for the death of a classmate at a party when he was a teenager, a death caused by. Brian McKnight, the brother of the girl he had a major crush on. Dare is a Serendipity Police Officer, he still has the hots for Liza, even more now that they are adults, but he can't hide his distaste for the fact that she is always bailing her drunk brother out of jail. Liza has baggage of her own, she too feels responsible for the death of Dare and her brother's classmate. Her guilt is compounded by her parents' constant pinning everything that goes wrong in Brian's life on Liza.

When Dare and Liza decide to give into intense physical attraction they have for each other, they ignore the past, Liza because she doesn't do relationships and Dare because he is finally getting the woman he has wanted forever. The chemistry between Dare and Liza is explosive, they are evenly matched in the bedroom and it is HOT!!! Dare is an incredibly sexy ALPHA, protective and caring. Liza is strong, shy and sexy, watching them fall in love was sweet and addicting. Reality intrudes as a result of Brian's alcoholism and schemes, making the past and all feelings associated with it to rear it's ugly head, causing a rift between Dare and Liza. I felt like Dare and Liza were real friends of mine and watching them deal with their emotional baggage was heartbreaking. With a little help from Ethan, Faith, Nash, Kelly, and sassy Tess, Dare and Liza make it through some incredible trials and challenges to their HEA.

KARMA is an exceptionally written, fast paced, emotional roller coaster, complete with complex characters, sizzling hot loving, humor, and a bit of suspense, that has become one of my absolute favorite books of Carly Phillips (and that's saying a lot, because there are a lot of her books that are my favorites).

Color me excited that even though this is the last of this Serendipity series, we will be returning to Serendipity in February, 2013, with the first book in The Cops of Serendipity trilogy. Of course that is way too long for me to wait to return to Serendipity, so I will be revisiting with a re-read soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Karma.

04/07/2012 page 118
39.0% "pure Carly Phillips magic =)" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Holly Excellent, review! Congrats! !!

Eileen can't wait for this one. good review.