Tess's Reviews > Promises

Promises by Amber Garr

Jun 25, 12

Read from June 19 to 25, 2012

I'm really loving this mermaid thing going on! I was really excited to discover this under sea world Amber Garr created! Promises is full of difficult choices, heart break, and obstacles.

In the book, there is sort of this love triangle between the guys she's betrothed to, Kain, and then guy she has already given her heart over to, Brendan. I got to say for once in my whole life I think I fell for the wrong guy in the book! I normally pick them from the beginning, but something in me REALLY wants her to pick Kain. I never go for the logical decisions or the one they are being forced to marry, but I just like Kain! Anyway they're both hotness and that's all that matters right? Eh maybe that's not all that matters but it definitely keeps the story all the more interesting.

Eviana runs from responsibility, but it keeps finding her. Even though Eviana has been a mermaid her whole life, she didn't know what was really going on in her community, so I felt I was discovering this world right along with her. It is quite complex and I don't think it's completely unveiled until the very end when Eviana finds how powerful she really is! I'm a sucker for kick-butt heroines and I feel like that is what Eviana is turning into!

I think anyone who enjoys mermaid stories with a few twists would really enjoy the Syrenka Series! I can't wait to read book 2, Betrayal!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promises.

06/22/2012 page 1
0.0% "Starting for the #CleanUpTBRPile read-a-thon"
show 1 hidden update…