Valerie (Val's Vicinity)'s Reviews > Quaker Summer (Women of Faith Fiction)

Quaker Summer (Women of Faith Fiction) by Lisa Samson

Apr 07, 12

Read in April, 2009, read count: 1

Heather Curridge has it all: A great family, ritzy lake-front house, possessions aplenty, and enough money to buy more "things" whenever she wants. Her husband is a surgeon, her son goes to a private school. This is the perfect life, what many people aspire to have but never achieve. Heather loves her stuff, she knows she is fortunate...but then why is she feeling so discontent? Shouldn't she be content with her pampered life? And why have the sins of her childhood started to haunt her?

Many people have said this book is life-changing, and I can certainly see how it could be. It did cause me to look around at my possessions, and it effectively and truthfully gets the message across that "things" can't and won't fulfill us....and that is a message we often need reminding of. I did find the story kind of slow in spots, especially in the beginning, but it did pick up. Overall, this is a fairly interesting/entertaining book, with the added bonus of a good message!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quaker Summer (Women of Faith Fiction).