Kel's Reviews > The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012, childrens
Read from April 07 to 09, 2012

What an adorable book! I bought this because my 9 year old nephew enjoys reading and I thought maybe we could read the series together. I managed to whip through this in just a few sittings and loved it. I love love love the idea that ADHD/Dyslexic kids are demigods! Riordan did a great job creating a whole new world within our normal one that includes all sorts of Greek mythology and yet the mythology wasn't too much that it took away from the plot or made it confusing. I really think my nephew is going to love this book. But even if he doesn't, I'm hooked and will be finishing the series.

I'm really glad that I saw the movie before reading this book because had I not, I would have been really ticked. What a missed opportunity! The film was really cute and before reading the book I really liked it... But now that I've read the book, the movie is SO different. I have hope though that the second movie will do a better job representing the second book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Thief.

04/07/2012 page 127

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lore Warm fuzzies to read your review of the first book of a series I love. I hope you love the series and defintely read Heroes of Olympius and possibly The Kane Chronicles of his. I suggest HoO after finishing the Percy Jackson books

message 2: by Kel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kel Lore wrote: "Warm fuzzies to read your review of the first book of a series I love. I hope you love the series and defintely read Heroes of Olympius and possibly The Kane Chronicles of his. I suggest HoO afte..."

Aww.. yay! Yeah I loved the first book. Book 2 is on my desk waiting for some attention. :)