Tabby - Shattered Hearts Reviews's Reviews > Saving You, Saving Me

Saving You, Saving Me by Kailin Gow

May 25, 12

Read in April, 2012

See Original Review - here

I hate giving books such a low rating; especially when it has so much potential.

This is a Did Not Finish Review :\
- which is why it doesn't have a star rating

I wanted so bad to like this book. Why? The story behind the story is simply inspiring. The battles the characters of this book go through are highly focused on in society today. It gives insight to what battles people we see everyday constantly face. From the synopsis, I thought this book was simply going to blow me away.

I was sold on this book until I reached a certain point where I noticed that everything I was reading, I had read before. Had I not read Fifty Shades of Grey first, I never would have even noticed it. To me, I just felt like there were way too many similarities. Each and every thing said and did in those parts were like a carbon copy and it took away from the amazing message that Saving You, Saving Me was portraying.

Honestly, had it not been for the striking similarities, I would have probably finished this book. As it is, I wanted to give it 2 Stars, just based off the inspiring story line.

I do have another of Kailin Gow's books here that I am reading. I didn't let this one throw me off, I want to read for myself to see if this book speaks to me!

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving You, Saving Me.