Scott Breslove's Reviews > Wherever I Wind Up: My Quest for Truth, Authenticity and the Perfect Knuckleball

Wherever I Wind Up by R.A. Dickey

Apr 20, 12

Read from April 10 to 20, 2012

R.A. has certainly led an interesting life, as chronicled by this book. A lot of it has been written about in the media already, the sexual abuse, finding a syringe in the locker room, and the abuse is definitely a central issue throughout the book. R.A. is a little heavy on the religion aspect, which doesn't jibe to well with me, but the book isn't about me, it's about him. Since religion is a big factor in his life, it also factors largely into the book. His book also has those little sidebars that I hate in other books, but didn't mind in this one, because in other books they fall into the middle of a chapter. His sidebars come after the chapter and last a page or too, definitely not as distracting as they are in the other books I have reported on.
All in all, he tells a good story, from his beginning, to top prospect status, to medical marvel, to journeyman, to the present. Definitely an enjoyable book and I think any baseball fan will find it as such.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wherever I Wind Up.