Auntee's Reviews > Knight

bookshelves: e-books, contemporary-romance, 2013_reads, erotic-romance, keepers
Recommended to Auntee by: Viv
Recommended for: Fans of Kristen Ashley; fans of emotionally tortured heroes
Read from March 01 to 03, 2013

I have to get my thoughts about this book down right now before time dilutes my was fantastic! Oh, wowza! I'm not sure where to begin but here goes...

I haven't read every Kristen Ashley book that's out there, but I've read more than a handful. And with every KA book I've read, I know what to expect in the hero department. He's going to be an uber-Alpha, controlling, bossy, dominant, with secrets he's reluctant to reveal, but when he eventually does, you'll see a softer, more vulnerable side. Oh yeah, that was Mr. Knight Sebring alright. In real life, I could never see myself with a man like Knight--despite all his good points (and there were many) he was just way too controlling. So how did Kristen Ashley make me fall in love with him? Ahh, that's the beauty of her writing skills! Her characters absolutely put a spell on me, and make me think with my heart instead of my head.:) Knight was a page-turner from the get-go, and any book that holds my attention so much that it has me forgoing sleep is a winner for me!

photo ae5ddb26-38dd-4cf7-8d17-cbf0d4ba14de_zps3ea32bd1.jpg

The plot is simple enough. Anya Gage is a 27-year old brunette beauty, holding down multiple jobs while attending beauty school with the goal of one day owning her own fabulous spa. It may be a pipe dream, but Anya's hard-working and independent, and no one deserves a break more than Anya. She meets 35 year-old club owner Knight at a party she's reluctantly attending with her gold-digger girlfriend Sandrine. Sandrine is interested in Nick Sebring (Knight's younger brother), a notorious Denver "player", and he's got bucks and connections. While at the party and looking for a way to leave, smokin' hot Knight walks in the door, all pissed off and badass becuase there's a party going on under his roof. Anya and Knight cross paths when she uses the phone to call a taxi and Knight insists on taking her home. Anya is attracted but a little scared of Knight, but he insists she has nothing to fear from him. That's the beginning of a relationship that changes Anya's whole life, as Knight becomes more and more a part of her world (or I should say she becomes a part of his world, because that's how it is with Knight). There's smokin' hot chemistry between the two, but will Anya be okay with giving up total control to Knight? Can she do what Knight wants, live with his rules, wear what he wants her to wear, ask no questions that he isn't ready to answer and abide by decisions he makes?

Knight has incredibly blue eyes...
 photo 0371c736-79a3-4f21-b5f1-ff66dc9d45a9_zpsacec4f5a.jpg

Ms. Ashley gives us plenty of details about the characters. Anya's had a hard life since she was 7 years old, (view spoiler)Knight, hoo boy, you have to wait awhile for the big reveal about his life, but it's a stunner. It explains soooo much about him and his actions. And he is so lucky to have found Anya; it takes a special woman to understand him and accept some of the things he does, all in the name of protecting those he cares about and his world. And as more and more of his secrets were exposed, and I grew to know (and love) him, I too felt understanding when the really big secret about how he makes his millions came out!

The love scenes? Ummmmmmm...smokin' H-O-T...but...the use of "Daddy" as in "Baby wants her Daddy" and "Daddy's gonna lick you clean" doesn't always work for me. But I can deal with it with characters this hot.:) Knight was a serious dirty-talker (which does
work for me) and was into a little of the kinky stuff (spanking) and some bondage, but a lot of this stuff was off the page. Fine by me. What was written was seriously hawt, so brace yourself.:)

And before I forget--the epilogue! Oh my...*swoon* prepared to get a little teary-eyed, is all I'll say. Just a wonderful HEA.

Knight just may have knocked At Peace off its pedestal as my favorite KA book. When you're sad because you've turned the last page and you're thinking about reading it again but this time really savoring it, then you know it's a winner. 5 big stars!
19 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight.

1.0% "Took a peek (just to see)--now I can't stop! Can I read 2 books at once without getting confused?:)" 4 comments
73.0% "Stopping now is killing me..."
100.0% "O..M..G...soooo fantastic!"

Shawna Yay! You've got it on your radar! Knight is yummy and called for David Gandy casting candy!

SanO David Gandy you say?! I'm in-hehe. Auntee I have this one and will prob get to it next week....enjoy!! Looking forward to your thoughts :)

Auntee I haven't had time to read much of it but I'm going to dig in tonight! Gandy? I'm in too!;)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I'm so happy this one worked for you. I know not everyone loved it but it's a favorite of mine. Fabulous review, Auntee.

SanO Wowza!! sounds like a fab read! Great review and that's it... gonna read it this week :)

Vallsykes I enjoyed reading your enjoyment of this book. Knight certainly stands out with other well-liked KA alpha males. Great review.

Serena Great review!! I just started this hot little number!!

Auntee Thanks Kristen! Despite some misgivings about Knight's actions, I just loved the whole story, the twists and turns and revelations.:)

Auntee Thanks Vallsykes, thanks Serena.:)

Auntee Thanks Sanaa--you do that! lol

Bianca What a great review!! You make me want to read it again!

Auntee Thanks Bianca! Wish I could read it again but it's on to Creed.:)

MelissaB Nice review Auntee! You liked this more than I did.

Auntee Thanks Baba and Melissa!
Sorry it didn't work for you Melissa, and it seems like you're not alone. Mixed reviews on this one

Manisha Another of your reviews inspired read one more hot n sexy novel Auntee..loved it..xo

Auntee Wasn't Knight great? Glad you liked it!:)

Manisha Knight as in DADDY was awesome..I was either sighing, swooning or fanning myself on every page...lovvvvvved it..Thanx Auntee..great book..