Dani Peloquin's Reviews > Social Media Metrics Secrets: Do What You Never Thought Possible with Social Media Metrics

Social Media Metrics Secrets by John Lovett

Apr 07, 2012

liked it

I have been searching for this book for a while now. I am the Social Media Manager at my work and have looked for months to find a research that would help me figure out if my efforts are being as productive as they can be. I am well versed in all Social Media outlets and therefore wanted a book that taught me about analyzing our social media plan and now teaching me how to use Facebook, Twitter, etc. This is that book! The author assumes that you know how to use certain social media outlets and also assumes that you have a basic marketing plan. However, he guides you through the rest from finding your targeted audience to assessing how well your campaign in working. Additionally, this book works for any sized company. I recently just left a small insurance agency for a job at a local hotel and the skills I learned from this book were transferable.

My complaint about the book is that at times I felt the information was above my head. I am a social media guru but I'm not as well versed in business analytic. Therefore, I was hoping this book would do a bit more hand holding. While the various case studies are helpful, they do not take the place of step by step instruction. In other words, this is not "The Idiot's Guide to Social Media Metrics".

www.iamliteraryaddicted.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Social Media Metrics Secrets.