Paul Hankins's Reviews > Meet Me at the Moon

Meet Me at the Moon by Gianna Marino

When a mother elephant must leave to go to the highest mountain to ask for rain, she offers reassurance to her "little one" by using the natural gifts of the earth to celebrate their love.

A really nice picture book for this spring with natural "ladders" to Katherine Applegate's THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN and Lynne Kelly Hoenig's upcoming title, CHAINED.

The paintings in the book are absolutely beautiful, bringing the whole of the book together as a very nice package for younger readers. The paintings and their coloring remind of those one might use to create a very special nursery or child's room. Visiting Gianna Marino's website, I was able to see some of the prints from the book. The prints communicate the love in a way that really compliments or lends depth to the simplicity of the story that accompanies them.

I agree with other reviews that suggest that this title would make a nice pairing with classic titles like LOVE YOU FOREVER.

I like the archetypal feel of the book with the characters names simply Mama and Little One.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meet Me at the Moon.