India Jones's Reviews > Wicked as They Come

Wicked as They Come by Delilah S. Dawson

Apr 07, 2012

liked it

After hearing such fantastic reviews for Wicked as They Come, I really was expecting a new twist on the typical romance novel. The world of Sang delivers, being quite imaginative. I felt it was a world of vampires meet Alice in Wonderland and thought there were a couple of really charming and likeable characters that brought the book to life very quickly.
Where I felt let down was the developing romance between Criminy and Tish. Criminy's immediate declaration of love coupled with Tish's constant declaration of uncertainty was slightly off putting. I understand that because of Tish's past, she might have had reservations about leaping into a new relationship without thinking. However, I felt the way it was written just made it seem like she was stalling. Like she couldn't decide whether Criminy was worth loving forever.
With that being said, it seems many readers loved this book! There are great elements and I think if you're looking for a fast and easy summer read, this is it. So sit back and enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked as They Come.