John Pappas's Reviews > The Book of Lost Things

4820582
Apr 10, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-challenge, fantasy-high-low-urban-fairie
Read from April 07 to 10, 2012

One day Narnia walked into a bar. Now, please understand that this was quite out of character for her as she rarely frequented this type of establishment without appropriate accompaniment or attire. But, times being what they were, and still reeling from a string of bad cinematic relationships, she walked in, found a lonely seat and the bar and settled in.

Several shots and a few emotional chasers later, Labyrinth walked in dressed quite like David Bowie sans the glam. Looking quite dapper, he sat down across from Narnia. Narnia, now quite intoxicated, was susceptible to his Bowie-esque charm. A brief but tumultuous courtship ensued. Largely due to Narnia's Christian upbringing and distrust in the birth control methods of the day, she soon found herself well with child and thus nine months later, The Book of Lost Things was born.

Book of Lost Things = Narnia + Labyrinth / Several Shots of Faerie Tale.

It was also rather scandalous when it was released that Narnia had a longstanding affair with The Never-Ending Story so the patronage of Lost is questioned. Also Labyrinth was a well-known as a lover of the lads as well as the ladies in some circles so it is quite possible that some sort of lurid threesome took place.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Lost Things.

04/08/2012 page 54
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica So glad you're reading this. I'm excited to have someone with whom I can talk about it.

John Pappas Oh indeed! I am excited to start it. This has been one that caught my eye years ago and I never had the chance to actually pull and read it. Luckily, I have a few days before my choice read comes in so I can indulge.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica The things I want to discuss with you are spoilerriffic. I'll start a conversation with you on Google+ to avoid ruining this book for anyone else.