~Ro~'s Reviews > Die for Me

Die for Me by Amy Plum

I'll admit, when I first got this book, I thought it'd be all angst-y, depressing, and sad--and I was really looking forward to reading it! :D
I loved it. It wasn't as angst-y like I thought it'd be, but fresh, funny, romantic, addicting, and just so unique!
I stayed up all night starting and finishing it! I loved it and can't wait for the sequel, Until I Die.
The heroine was strong, understandable, and gosh, not too stupid too live! I immediately loved her and could relate to her. And the love interest? I understood 100% on how she fell for him!
God, even the MINOR characters are loveable--Charles, Charlotte, Ambrose, Jules (gosh, I loved this dude!), etc. Even the big bad guy I actually liked (even though that's kind of messed up.)
The change of setting from the U.S is nice too, with beautiful images that are able to be painted out written in the book.
The new, creative species Amy Plum created also intrigued me, making me want to learn more about these Revenants.
And best of all, I got a HUGE break from your normal YA cliffhangers (I had just finished City of Fallen Angels, and I honestly needed a break from the frustration I loved/hated in the end of the book.)
Really, just read it! It instantly became one of my fave books!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Die for Me.

Quotes ~Ro~ Liked

Amy Plum
“Yeah, right, like Catherine Deneuve has her own hot-guy SWAT team trolling the neighborhood for celebrity stalkers with swords" - Kate (Die For Me)”

Amy Plum
“Stop flaunting your impeccable language skills, Vincent, help the girl to her feet and let her take her leave”

Amy Plum
“I'm a revenant, not a vampire, chérie." ~ Vincent Delacroix”

Amy Plum
“Well, spit on my empty grave--if it ain't the attack of the Disney princesses!”

Amy Plum
“Lucky man,"Jules said to me, leaning over to kiss my cheeks. "What I wouldn't give to be in your head." Instead of the usual quick air-kisses, he took his time kissing both of my cheeks tenderly. "Jules!" I gasped, feeling myself blush. He stood, looking up in space, and raised both arms as if in surrender. "Okay, okay, man. Hands off, I get it! But it's not often we get a young pretty human in the house. in fact, it's never.”

Amy Plum
“I saw a picture of you and Vincent in a 1968 newspaper that said you died in a fire," I said, turning to Ambrose.

He nodded at me with a little smile, urging me on.

"So how can you be here now?"

"Well, I'm glad we're starting with the easy questions," he said, stretching his powerful arms and then leaning toward me. "The answer would be ... because we're zombies!" and he let out a horrible groan, stretching his mouth open and baring his teeth as he curled his hands into claws.

Seeing my terrified expression, Ambrose began cracking up and slapping his knee with his hand. "Just kidding," he cackled, and then, calming down, looked at me sedately. "But no, seriously. We're zombies."

"We are not zombies!" said Charlotte, her voice rising with annoyance.”

Amy Plum
“Just then the door flew open, and Ambrose burst through, yelling like a madman and swinging a battle-ax in one hand.”

Amy Plum
“At lunch I turned my phone on to check my messages. Georgia always sent me a few inane texts during the day, and sure enough there were two messages from her: one complaining about her physics teacher and a second, also obviously sent from her phone: I love you, baby. V.

I wrote her back: I thought I told you to buzz off last night, you creep-o French stalker guy.

Her response came back immediately: As if! Your beet-red cheeks this morning suggest otherwise ... liar! You're so into him.

I groaned and was about to turn my phone off when I saw that there was a third text from UNKNOWN. Clicking on it, I read: Can I pick you up from school? Same place, same time?

I texted back: How'd you get my number?

Called myself from your phone while you were in the restaurant's bathroom last night. Warned you we were stalkers!

Amy Plum
“Jules wants me to tell you that it's a shame you have to fall for someone as boring as myself. He wishes he could take my place and show you how well an older man can treat a lady." He talked back to the air. "Yeah, right, buddy. What are you, like twenty-seven years older than me? Well, at the moment we're both nineteen, so back off.”

Amy Plum
“Um, yeah. I guess lying around reading books all day doesn't do much for physical endurance.”