Tina's Reviews > Shadow Visions

Shadow Visions by Gabriella Hewitt

Apr 07, 12

bookshelves: shifters
Read from April 01 to 05, 2012

This is my first book by this author and what an introduction! This is the second book in her Shadow Warriors series. I have not read the first book in this series but it did not hinder my enjoyment of this one. It is definitely a stand alone book. The author writes so vividly that you find yourself totally immersed in the world building, rich Aztec history, and the heart pulsing journey to stop demons from stealing souls.

The story itself reminds me of Christine Feehan's Carpathian Series in that you have a being who needs to find their soul mate/heart mate who can save them from losing their humanity. The hero, Manuel, is a 7 foot shadow warrior with wings created by the Sun God. He walks around in only a loin cloth. Yumm!! Ixa Reyes is the mate who is destined to save him. She is a tough dedicated cop with a unique tattoo and gifts that she valiantly tries to ignore. She is haunted by a traumatic past and chooses to ignore her gifts and teachings of her grandfather. When she meets Manuel he has more than her tattoo heating up.

I enjoyed this story because it was different than other paranormal stories. Instead of a vampire or wolf you are given a man with wings (and he is not an angel). I was totally captured by the events that happened and loved learning what Ixa gifts were.

This book is sure to satisfy those with appetites for a different spin on the paranormal genre, Aztec warrior, secrets, and heart pounding edge of your seat suspense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Visions.