Kelli's Reviews > The Temptation of the Night Jasmine

The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: historical-fiction

The beginning of this isn't really engaging at all. It actually takes some time getting into. This whole series has some great premises, but I don't think the author has the skill to completely pull the books off.
Its more like fluff reading, when I don't have a Georgette Heyer or Austen book to read. And maybe thats what the Author intended, so I shouldn't judge based on that...

I just know that while reading, I keep thinking of how the story lines and dialog seem like a cheap cliche copy of a Heyer novel. The dialog for this one, is cringe worthy. Nothing about this story is researched, concerning the time period. Charlotte and her friends talk like girls today, what they say doesn't really get to the point, and it is stupid at best.
I liked a few of the stories in this series, and I had before over-looked the lack of research and dialog. However, in this book it is super pronounced and super annoying, plus it cannot be ignored any more. Its just so silly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Temptation of the Night Jasmine.