Shelby P's Reviews > Embraced by the Sun

Mar 05, 2013

it was ok
bookshelves: m-m, paranormal
Read from March 03 to 05, 2013

I knew there was a reason I was putting off reading this book. So I finally read it to fulfill an A-to-Z Challenge. The premise of the book was interesting enough. The book started off well but the execution sucked ass big time. This book was just over 5000 kindle location but sorely needed an editor, it was too long!

Here are my issues: the world building wasn't constructed well enough for me. Why was St. Maarten such a hotbed for sorcerors? How do they keep the humans who know about their existence from running their mouth? Nothing was done to ensure that Jesse wouldn't run his mouth about Peter.

Peter was this submissive in his relationship with Alison but then he's this dominant with Micah. I didn't buy that. I expected Micah to be the dominant one. It would have been nice to see Micah top Peter as well.

There was too much talking going on between the characters and not enough action. Once we got to the final action it was like "so what?"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embraced by the Sun.