Susan Ashcraft's Reviews > J.P. Trouble

J.P. Trouble by Ryan  Hill

May 01, 12

bookshelves: firstread, children, first, fiction, faves, pets
Recommended for: children and parents who read to their children
Read on May 01, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

What better recommendation for a children's book than laughter and happiness from a child.

Little Johnny Lippett just moved to a new town. He has no friends, no pets and even worse, he is too late to catch the school bus and has to walk in rain all the way to school. He slips and falls in the mud...could his first day in a new school get any worse?

Johnny's teacher notices he isn't paying attention in class, and sends him outside to take down the flag. He hears a little whine and finds a stray brown dog trying to stay dry. The dog sniffs at Johnny and likes what he smells, bubble gum and hot dogs. Two mean little girls take the dog away from Johnny when he brings it inside the school. The dog is afraid of the little girls and wiggles away from them. The brown dog runs outside and disappears in the rain. Johnny is very sad and worried about the puppy.

When Johnny's mom arrives after school to pick him up much to his surprise the stray brown puppy is with her in the car! The brown dog had followed Johnny's bubble gum and hot dog scent home and had barked until Johnny's mother opened the door. Johnny's mom asks if Johnny would like to keep the dog though she worries that it will be full of trouble. Johnny is delighted and names the dog Just Plain Trouble.

When I received this book, I took it over to my granddaughter's house to read it to her. She laughed at Johnny when he fell in the mud, was angry at the two mean girls, and was really happy that Johnny and J.P. Trouble got to be together. She loved it!

I received this book from GoodReads giveaways and was asked for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read J.P. Trouble.