Jessi's Reviews > Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones

Apr 07, 2012

bookshelves: darynda-jones
Read from September 12 to 13, 2012

I don’t know what wasn’t amazing about the fourth installment in the Charley Davidson series.

Third Grave Dead Ahead ended with Charley being tortured by Earl Walker, hospitalized, and betrayed by Reyes & her dad. This book picks up 2 months after those events. Charley is suffering from PTSD (although she denies it), she’s not speaking to Reyes or her dad, she has developed a slight case of agoraphobia, and she’s become a hoarder. But don’t let any of that deter you from reading because she’s still as sarcastic & full of humor as ever (even if her loved ones wish she were a little more serious at certain times). Eventually the things in Charley’s world being the way they are causes her to leave the apartment to seek out Reyes [whom we finally learn more about], try to help a woman who says that someone is after her, confront demons, her dad, & her stepmom, discover a little about her origins, get kidnapped by bank robbers, and have one smoking scene with Reyes & a chair.

I don’t want to give too much away but I’ll say this we discover how much Reyes cares about her, Charley discovers how strong she can be, and we get a glimpse into what Charley is capable of (& thank goodness Charley isn't evil becuase world beware if she was).

**Side note** I know a lot of you don’t like how Reyes seems to strong arm Charley but while I was reading this book (especially the scene where he makes more progress than anyone helping Charley get over her PTSD) I realized that Charley is beyond stubborn and she’s truly a strong character but she doesn’t listen unless you can make her and Reyes is the only one who is strong enough & stubborn enough to make her listen and face things that she doesn’t. Hopefully you’ll understand my point more when you read Fourth Grave Beneath my Feet.

So by the end of the book if any of you are like me then you will have some questions about some possible foreshadowing that was going on.
My questions that I hope are answered in the next book are:

***WARNING THERE ARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT***

(view spoiler)

If “Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet” is not on your to buy list for October 30th then you need to put it on there. I would even go so far to suggest you pre-order it because if you are a huge fan of the series like I am then this is one book you don’t want to miss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet.