Katy's Reviews > Bad Taste in Boys

Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Apr 07, 2012

did not like it
Read on April 07, 2012

This book was filled with action, but it was like watching a bad horror movie. I know Harris was aiming for a fun read, but it was actually really ridiculous. Getting shot in the butt. Attacking his sister with a toy sword. Being in the middle of a crisis and kissing. Going through her underwear drawer. The dog dragging around a leg? And what's next - vampire virus? It was like Harris tried TOO hard to make the book bizarre.

And I know this wasn't meant to be a difficult book, but the whole concept kind of lacked in explanation other than mice testing and the football team and military needing a booster. And the cure was a little TOO convenient - it just had to be something commonly used by the one person who's trying to solve the problem.

Eh, can't really say I really cared for this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Taste in Boys.

Word Traffic LOL.Do you like it so far? ;)

Mitch Ok, actually want to read this review. Book's pretty messed up...

message 3: by Katy (new) - rated it 1 star

Katy @WT - I'm only on Chapter 5.
@Mitch - Meaning you've read it or not?

Mitch Yeah, I have unfortunately, like a season 1 Buffy episode with 100x more cheese.

Word Traffic Mitch is 100% right :D

message 6: by Katy (new) - rated it 1 star

Katy Um, I'm on chapter 9 now, and to be honest, it's kind of ridiculous. I should have paid attention to your 1 star, but I thought it was bc I know you're not a fan of zombies.

message 7: by Katy (new) - rated it 1 star

Katy That and I have to review the ARC for book 2, which I hadn't realized was a sequel when I requested it. :(

Word Traffic I give one star only to the truly bad and/or annoying books... This one is annoyingly silly :|

Mitch Well, I am a zombie fan and this one really deserves 1 star ... hold on I'll do it now

message 10: by Katy (new) - rated it 1 star

Katy LOL, you know a book is going to go bad if you're using washing the dishes as an excuse to step away from it for a bit.