Kat's Reviews > Fracture

May 27, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: ya, paranormal, 2012-read
Read on April 22, 2012

I started reading Fracture at hour 21 of a 24-hour read-a-thon that I participated in in April, and if I'm completely honest, I picked it up because I was looking for an easy read. The idea of the book is a good one, and although I'm not the biggest paranormal fan out there, I liked that it wasn't about vampires, or werewolves or paranormal creatures as such, but more psychological paranormal.

Delaney is a likeable character- she's not overly popular or drop-dead-gorgeous, instead she's just a normal girl who finds herself in an increasingly disturbing situation, and I really liked Decker, who stuck with her through everything. I didn't find Troy as intriguing as I think he was intended to be.

I loved Ms. Miranda's writing style - clean and well balanced with good dialogue, and the whole story is well-paced.

Parts of Fracture are intense and emotional and the climax had me flipping furiously through the pages, but I really wish there had been more focus on the paranormal element (yeah, I just said that. Really!) which would have taken it from a good book to a great book.

Read more of my reviews at The Aussie Zombie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fracture.

04/22/2012 page 23