Beverly McClure's Reviews > The Post-College Guide to Happiness

The Post-College Guide to Happiness by Bryan Cohen

Apr 26, 12

Read from April 09 to 25, 2012

The word happiness means different things to different people. What makes one person happy doesn’t necessarily make another person happy. So what’s the difference?

In Bryan Cohen’s book, The Post College Guide to Happiness, the author relates how he found happiness in his life. He decided to share his story with others, by writing a guide to happiness for recent college graduates. Let me tell you, though, I’ve been out of college for many years and I still found the book enlightening. So no matter your age, you’re likely to see something here that will refresh your happiness if you’re already a happy person, or help you in your search for happiness. The book contains seven categories with workouts and exercises. You have the chapter “Brainy Bliss” for those I a rut. Sometimes I’m comfortable in my little rut; other times it gets boring and I need to make changes. The Post College Guide to Happiness gives you a workout to help you break out. Or how about the chapter “Money and Happiness.” Of course, money brings happiness. Or does it? Do you have goals? If not, this book will help you set your goals. There’s way too much information here to tell you everything. My favorite chapter is Chapter 3, “True Love and Contentment.” It’s all about how we react to a given situation. Thought I haven’t had a chance to try them yet, the workouts look promising.

The author uses examples of real people, telling their stories and suggesting further reading. He even include a “controversial chapter” in trusting God as your supply. I agree with his thoughts on prayer. A prayer should begin with “thank you.” At the beginning, your prayers should be positive. Then you need faith and to believe. That’s all I’ll say now. I don’t want to give anything away about the book. But if you’re searching for happiness and money hasn’t given it to you, popularity hasn’t brought what you need, and all the other things you thought you needed to be happy, give The Post College Guide to Happiness a read. You’ll be happy you did.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Post-College Guide to Happiness.