♥ Marlene♥ 's Reviews > The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes

The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain

May 18, 12

bookshelves: fiction, kindle
Read from May 14 to 17, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I have read more than 100 pages and to be honest I think the story line is making no sense what so ever. Totally unrealistic. So stupid.Can't say more without spoilers, so I will shut up. For now!. Not sure if I can finish this book with so many idiots in it.

Update May 17 2012: Well, I nearly quit reading this book after what I wrote above.Glad I sticked with it, only because there were so many raving reviews.

What I do not like:
The story is crazy, very unrealistic: Especially the kidnapping. It was so weird, giving a 16 year old such a big job to do while she did not know what she had to do. If you are kidnapping someone,you want to be sure the person who is in care of the prisoner, can handle his or her own. In this book that was not the case at all.

2: The coincidences all through this book. 1 example: All of a sudden the husband of the kidnapper pops up to be the president of the school where Eva is teaching.
If this is not enough, then her daughter go's to the exact same school Ceecee was in. Come on now!

What I do like about this book:
I like that her subjects are not doing the most obvious things. I liked that Eve's daughter did not like her mum, and that Eve made a lot of mistakes bringing her up. Normally the main character is the best mum on the planet.I liked the mental illnesses that were in this book.
I am not done yet. Still have to read about 30% but it is getting better and better.

Update May 18 2012. Okay finished it. I think this is a book I would consider a beach read. It is easy to read, sometimes it can be annoying but if you do not expect too much it is a nice read.
Sometimes I am in the mood for easy reads so I will try another Diane Chamberlain book. 3.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes.

05/14/2012 page 106
20.0% "This is getting so unrealistic and so stupid. Disappointing!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eva Leger I didn't like this as much as a lot of people did. I thought it was okay but I was expecting exceptional.

♥ Marlene♥ Ah Thanks Eva. Glad to see I am not the only one. I think there are some 3 star reviews. Maybe 1 1 star. I would not give it 1 star but this is definitely not a 5 star book. I am enjoying it more now. Thanks for the like. x

Dara S. I really liked this and decided to overlook the implausibility of a lot of it. Thus, I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.

♥ Marlene♥ I can understand. If you indeed overlook it is very unrealistic is very enjoying. I downloaded 4 more books by her ;)

message 5: by Pat (new) - added it

Pat I very much enjoyed your review. It sounds like the way I think when I am going through a book and want to quit but want to know the end- but...I read the ending, because I hate suspense(!) and then go back to fill in the details!

♥ Marlene♥ Thank you Pat. You know what. I write what I think about a book and post. That is it. Sometimes when I get a reply like yours (which I love) I read it back and think to myself, OMG did I write all that crap. hahahaha.

ETA Funny, first I very much dislike the book and in the end I give it 3.5 stars. lol. That last part must have been good. ;)

Linda Completely agree.

♥Beleza★✰ I got this last night from the library and stayed up all night to read it. I was riveted. Like you said, parts made no sense and the coincidences are too much, but then it is fiction.

♥ Marlene♥ I am jealous Bella. I really need a book that really grabs me. I've had a reading slump, trying so many books I think in total I've read 3 books or so, but not really enjoying them so then to the next.
Then I picked a few good ones and now I am back not knowing what to read. This is probably also because I am spoiled for choice ;)

Glad you enjoyed it.

♥Beleza★✰ I feel like that when I look at my e-reader, too many choices!