C.C.'s Reviews > Bloodfever

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

Apr 09, 12

bookshelves: adult-pnr-urban-fantasy, faerie, annoying-female-character, bad-ass-males, witches-warlocks-druids, reviewed
Read from April 07 to 08, 2012

Okay, this is one of those I liked the story very much but the protagonist piss me off to no end... I really didn't like Mac's attitude in this book. She was an ungrateful bitch at the beginning, so what if she's adopted? Her parents loved her. Mac just can't accept the fact that her life would never be the way it used to be. She's trying so hard to get some normalcy, being spoiled and childish. In fact I thought she was being dumb and stupid. I know she's only human with weaknesses but come on! Focus girl! Your life is in danger and you blind your senses with alcohol?! Meeting up with people you don't know if you can trust, and get this, she's always alone. SOME SPOILER Towards the end, she gets this super strength and then she acts all cocky and arrogant, saying NOW IM THE WEAPON. IM A WEAPON or something like that.. She even challenged Barrons to a fight. And when he interfered with her battle, she lashed out on him. Mac better get a fucking grip, she better grow up.

Next is Barrons, it's the second book and I still don't know anything about him. I like mysterious guys but please, a little information on him would be appreciated. So far the things I know about him are:
1. He's not a sidhe seer.
2. He's rich
8. He was broken
9. He lost a love one
10. He has some kind of brother
11. Great sense of smell

Lastly, When will the romance start picking up? I mean its obvious that they're attracted to each other but Barrons only softens up when Mac is dying. I want more kick ass lovey lovey :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodfever.

04/07/2012 page 68