Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ 's Reviews > Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City

Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City by Meljean Brook

Aug 19, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from August 18 to 19, 2012

If you enjoyed Mina and Rhys in The Iron Duke, you will really enjoy them here. It's been eight months since they married and we get to see how married life is treating them. Of course, there is a case for Mina to solve as well.

I just got such a kick out of Rhys and Mina in this novella. Rhys is having a hard time dealing with the possibility of Mina getting hurt on the job and it doesn't help that the newssheets exaggerate everything. Since Rhys has never really loved anyone before, he has such a need to possess Mina. This leads to lots of "shagging" which Mina doesn't complain about at all.

The case is interesting especially reading about all the gadgets and body modifications. I enjoyed the ongoing friendship/work relationship Mina has with Newberry and it was good to get updated on him and his wife.

We also get to see more of Anne The Tinker and what's going on with her. It was great seeing them work out the kinks and solidify as a family. Scarsdale plays an important role and it's interesting to see where his life is headed...or if it will head that way. Hopefully, he will have a book soon.

Favorite quote:

♥ “When you come home to me, I will always be here waiting for you.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City.

Quotes Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Liked

Meljean Brook
“When you come home to me, I will always be here waiting for you.”
Meljean Brook, Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ Great review Sharon! I really liked Mina and Rhys. Gah!...something else to add to my humongous to-read pile! ;)

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ yes u would like this....they are sooo sweet together and its a quick read for whenever u can fit it in.

message 3: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Nice job Sharon! I love this couple!

message 4: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "yes u would like this....they are sooo sweet together and its a quick read for whenever u can fit it in."

Good to know, thanks Sharon! :)

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Karla wrote: "Nice job Sharon! I love this couple!"

tks Karla...i do too...u would get a kick out of this!