Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .'s Reviews > The Opportunist

The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher

May 20, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, young-adult
Recommended for: EVERYONE!
Read from May 19 to 20, 2012 , read count: 1

This book was a total mind screw from the first page to the last! But boy oh boy what a terrific read. Lets get the techy stuff out of the way. The writing was amazing. The author flowed from past to present seamlessly throughout this book, giving bits and pieces to the Caleb and Olivia relationship from the day they first met to the finial conclusion where we were still getting surprises and information! The dialogue was perfect and the story itself, though totally messed up, was so well done I read this in one sitting. I just couldn't put it down. I HAD to know what happened!

Now for the characters... Olivia is one messed up girl. She has some serious issues. She's the perfect liar. She's deceitful, conniving and has no problem manipulating someone to get what she wants. I had a hard time feeling anything but contempt for her at one point in this book. She did a some real underhanded things, but thats what makes her character and this story so compelling. She really had a journey of self discovery to overcome, to find the inner person who was able to love in a healthy way and in return be loved the same. Her relationship with Caleb was complicated and destructive. Though he was a more rounded character, he still had his own issues and both of them needed a ride aboard the honesty train! Wow, Im not likely to get over this story for a while to come. And thats why I loved it so much!
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Opportunist.

Juls wasnt this a great book? i loved the untraditional ending :)

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "wasnt this a great book? i loved the untraditional ending :)"

Yeah.. this book was fantastic! I absolutely loved it.. the ending was very nontraditional. But I think thats why I loved it so much. It was completely different from anything I've read before.

Juls yep yep!
i wish there were more books like this!

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "yep yep!
i wish there were more books like this!"

I agree. More emotional endings and stories that keep you thinking about them for a while I say!! Speaking of, have you read Reason to Breathe and Barely Breathing? These two are YA books but oh man are they good. The story is so emotionally charged! And the writing is really good. Let me know if they peek your interest and you read them, what you think :)

Juls funny you mention that because those are next in line after crows row :)

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "funny you mention that because those are next in line after crows row :)"

ohhh... you're going to love them! I was hooked. Im about half way through Crows Row.. I started around 1am this morning when I couldn't sleep.. So far I really like it... Its definitely holding my interest.. Can't wait to see what you and everyone else thinks :)

Juls i'm only 10% in and this guy she keeps running into is reminding me of Terrible from the downside ghost series. i bet he's the type of guy is mean cuz he has to be. :)

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "i'm only 10% in and this guy she keeps running into is reminding me of Terrible from the downside ghost series. i bet he's the type of guy is mean cuz he has to be. :)"

I finished it... Yay! It was pretty darn good. I really enjoyed reading it.. thanks for suggesting it.. I'll post my thoughts in the forum..

I've not heard of the Downside Ghost Series.. is it any good?

Juls it is! the series takes you into a world where the church is the govt and you get paid for having ghosts in your home. give them a try.

Karen **Mrs. Northman** Ooooh Downside Ghosts. I still have to read those.

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "it is! the series takes you into a world where the church is the govt and you get paid for having ghosts in your home. give them a try."

I read the synopsis on them.. they sound really good. I added the first on to my TBR list.. which is growing sooooo long.. LOL! Maybe we can do that as a group read at some point to if Karen wants to read them to..

Karen **Mrs. Northman** I'm in :) but it has to be at least next week. I'm too excited about Cut & Run!!!

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Karen (Mrs. Northman) wrote: "I'm in :) but it has to be at least next week. I'm too excited about Cut & Run!!!"

Agreed. Late next week if we decide to do it. I have several R2R's to do and I want to read Gabriel's Rapture as well.

message 14: by Juls (new) - rated it 4 stars

Juls if Gabriels Rapture doesnt get picked for the June BOM we should do a buddy read of it :)

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Juls wrote: "if Gabriels Rapture doesnt get picked for the June BOM we should do a buddy read of it :)"

Im good with that. I'd love to read it with everyone.. I know a couple of the group has already started/finished it but I'd love to read it with everyone if you guys want to :)

Karen **Mrs. Northman** Juls wrote: "if Gabriels Rapture doesnt get picked for the June BOM we should do a buddy read of it :)"

I don't know how it's not gonna be picked since 98% of the ppl voted for it. But a bunch of them are already reading it so I kinda think a different book would be a better idea. I dunno, just my opinion I guess.