Kristi's Reviews > What the Dead Know

What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman

F_50x66
Apr 06, 12

Read in April, 2012

** spoiler alert ** ugg, well i finished it on one 24 hr spurt. so it kept me guessing. have to say i didn't love Dect Kevin, I suspected the old rich retired cop-willoboughy? I pictured that new kid on the block from teh underwear commercial as teh dad from lovely bones. I didn't like the mom, and once the 2nd secret about the mom was revieled she lost all credibility to me, nature vs nurture, I felt bad for kay the social worker, could we really not have developed her character. And to be honest, Sunny is not a name that goes with Heather, If you are hippies or what ever 5th dimentions dave was then Sunny and stardust are more aplicable, Heather is too Eighties. scary guy in trench coat not ethan ahwk the guy with the squinty eyes that was in the dectective/ cold case show recently. i'll think iof it but Sunny and heather are dumb names and I am not a fan of this book.
What actually happened could have been more horrifing, if anyone had cared to share it in first person, The concept of being stuck a teenager would have been interesting if i had liked her. Awful to say i liked the other one better?

So weierd, the flash backs were alittle much and i can usually handle them, this was hard because perspective changed with the time.

oh and penelope, wwwwhhaat? where'd he find her and really? i dunno, partsm ight stay wiht me but not a re read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What the Dead Know.