Melissa Simmons's Reviews > Blue Sky Days

Blue Sky Days by Marie Landry

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: from-author-for-review, drama, romance, favorites
Read from April 06 to 07, 2012

Have you ever read a book that opened your eyes and made you take a good long look at your life and the choices you've made? This is one of those books. I truly adored every word of it. From start to finish, it pulls at your heartstrings, makes you laugh and reminds you of what's really important in life.

The story is told from the point of view of Emma, our main character. You follow her as she learns to live her life in a totally new way and it's really inspiring. Emma is a very strong person except she doesn't know that about herself yet. I love her courage; she breaks away from an unhealthy and unhappy life with her parents and decides to turn it all around. Every day she spends with her new family you notice her coming more out of her shell and growing into the person she was always meant to be.

The relationship between Emma and Nicholas is simply amazing. They are what every couple aspires to be; that perfect blend of friend and lover. It's just sweet and it makes you believe in love and fate and magic; you know all the stuff the cynics like to scoff at. The best part though is it's not over the top, it comes across as very natural. I love it.

This book is so touching, it really makes you think about the person you are and all the every day choices you make that could help swing your life in a whole new direction. Insightful, sweet, heartbreaking and funny, Blue Sky Days is a must read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Sky Days.

04/07/2012
10.0% "Really love Emma & Daisy & their relationship!"