Tea Time with Marce's Reviews > The Apprentice

Apr 17, 12

Read from April 06 to 15, 2012

From my blog

My Review - 2 1/2 Not my cup of tea

What a total let down, I cannot believe this was written by the same author, The Surgeon was almost perfection in my mind, so to get a total boring, what was the point follow up was beyond disappointing.

This read like a debut, repetition continuously. I understand the details needed for those that didn't read The Surgeon but even if you didn't it became insanely unnecessary.

There was no mystery to me in this book, so The Surgeon escapes from prison and the serial killer who they name The Denominator end up working together. The disappointing part is when we get to see them together it is the last scene of book and in my opinion, one of the worst endings ever, seriously I read the book for that, sigh.

I will read the next in series just because there is no way Tess Gerritsen gave me a fluke. The Surgeon was scary, had horrifying and gruesome scenes, lots of on the edge anxiety while reading, this one just fell flat, I seriously forced myself to finish.

For those that watch the show, do we deal with the 'I'm a female in a male dominant career pity party concept'? That is so irritating to me that I seriously started to hate Rizzoli. And the continued comparison of Rizzoli and The Surgeon as hunters, I didn't buy it.

The Surgeon is such a great book, for those interested I highly recommend reading that one and skipping this in the series. Let us hope it gets better. I wonder if The Surgeon and The Apprentice was written as one and then edited down, possibility........
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Apprentice.

Michelle Agree 100%! I had such a hard time finishing this book and when it finally got interesting Tess abruptly ended it!

Robert Bryant I just finished it and I agree with you! What a total bore!! The Surgeon was very good. This one, however, just never got going.