Natalie's Reviews > Treasure Island

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

Apr 06, 12

Read in April, 2012

For years I've heard about the book Treasure Island. And somehow through my schooling, I missed out on reading this book, along with a great many other classic literature novels. I'm actualy very sorry I did, for I would've liked to have read this novel with others and studied it more carefully than as a casual reader.

Overall, I wavered between giving this a four or five-star rating. Speaking for myself, I'm of the belief that as time goes on, reviewing items such as classic novels must be undertaken with a clear mind. This novel was written back in the day, therefore is not at all like we're accustomed in today's literature.

In any event, Tresure Island is most certainly a black-and-white adventure story where the lines are clearly drawn as to who is a bad guy and who is a good guy. You have an assortment of semi-main characters, a crew of blood-thirsty pirates and a young main character that is brave and thrusts himself head-first into danger. He'll make mistakes along the way, and then again, sometimes the good comes out of his mistakes.

I would advise anyone reading this book to give it a shot. It is, in my humble opinion, a novel worth reading at least once in your life.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treasure Island.