Lime's Reviews > In the Company of Cheerful Ladies

191901
Apr 30, 14

bookshelves: heart-warming
Read in April, 2014

This is what I wrote about the book at my blog after finishing it a few years ago:

I do love to read about Precious Ramotswe, the No. 1 Lady Detective of Botswana! So when book six arrived I had to have it ;) Alexander McCall Smith tells his story with warmth and humor. I laugh out load at several occasions and love the way he makes me feel like I’m a little bit there together with them all. Even though I never been to Botswana my self.

This time Mma Ramotswe have to solve several cases; one of them being why one of the apprentice, who work in the Garage of Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni; Mma Ramotswe’s husband, suddenly seems to have too much money on his hand and drives away in a Mercedes. And when Mma Ramotswe is too preoccupied with her own thoughts and hits a man on a bike, with her tiny white wan, the man finally gets a job after searching for months. Finally the love life of her assistant Mma Makusi gets a spark from the most unexpected place!

*Go read it now!!* :D

And now I've seen that there is a book 7 and 8 - I'm off to the store!!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Company of Cheerful Ladies.