Lana's Reviews > Taken by Storm

Taken by Storm by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Jan 30, 14

Read from May 25 to 26, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I really liked this book. I read it in one day. I couldn't stop. It was great, really. So much unexpected happened. Things I would never have dreamed of happening.
So, why did I give the book one star?
It's simple. From five stars, the book sank to one because of one event. One thing. Chase died.
I cried like a baby through the last three chapters. It's not fair. It's not how it's supposed to be. I'm a sucker for happy endings. I know this wasn't the typical love story, but still. It's not how it was supposed to be. The author has some balls to do something like that in a book. I'm sad, and I'm really pissed off.
So yeah, I liked this book, but I give it one star because the main boy character died.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken by Storm.

Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire i agree. and it came out of no where. and Devon leaving too? I was and still am royally pissed about this book

message 2: by Keri (new) - added it

Keri Wow, Devon leaves? I stopped reading when Bryn decided to let Shay kill Chase.

Kassie I gave the book 2 stars for the same reason..

Richa i hated the fact that both Chase and Devon had to leave. one dies, the other becomes the alpha of another pack. i can't believe Bryn has the capability to go on after all that!

Kath It killed the romance for sure. But maybe she'll bring back his ghost? I mean isn't that what the special power of that new baby wolf is? Then again, Chase doesn't have a twin...

Richa oh yeah good point... but this series isn't gonna continue is it? I thought Taken By Storm was the end

Lana yeah, I think that's the last book in the series

Loreny I give this book 5 stars...'cause I cry like a little girl too but it haved an amazing plot. I didn't see Chase dying in any way or Devon leaving but I think it was a necessity if this series continues though it's a painful ending. :((just finished reading it)

Nina Its like she purposely made it so Bryn would never have a happy ending

t star Chase dieing literally destroyed any possiblity of many fans being happy ever again. I agree with you and anyone else.... killing Chase( no words). Then taking Dev. No love it like she got bored or depressed and decided that we all should feel her pain

message 11: by Nina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nina Then Callum just gets away with basically killing Chase cause if he had let Byrn just become a wolf *SPOILER* she could have killed Shay (I HATE YOU AND YOUR MOTHER FOR NOT RAISING YOU RIGHT) then they could have had a super big pack or Dev could have taken the pack cause it was even mentioned he was probably going to leave cause he is an alpha. WE ALL COULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY!