Renee King - Hooks's Reviews > The Historian

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

F 50x66
Apr 06, 2012

I own a copy

One of the all time best books I've ever read. I own this in hardback, which was my first buy to read and then I bought an almost like new used paperback copy for loaning out. I've read it twice now and loved it. It's such a long and intense read you can't remember every detail. The details and descriptions make it an amazing adventure.

Ms. Kostova's debut novel is amazing in itself and more so with all the details of Vlad Dracul's life. This is not your usual vampire story.

As Ms. Kostova's young mistress finds an ancient manuscript while in her father's library late one night, an adventure begins she could never have dreamed of. As she picks the manuscript a cache of yellowed letters fall out, all are addressed to 'my dear and unfortunate successor' and thus our story begins.

Was or is Vlad Dracul, Vlad the Impaler, Dracula a real live vampire of old which still haunts the night or just a legend of old to scare people in the dark? Join Ms. Kostova in her tale as "The Historian" and make up your own mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Historian.