Ebehi's Reviews > Not That Kind of Girl

Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian

2028906
Apr 06, 2012

Read in April, 2012

I have sorely missed good YA for so long that this book made my heart leap with joy. This is absolutely funny and the narrator, Natalie, is completely believable because her voice is distinctly judgmental and know-it-all. I like how Siobhan talks about female sexuality in high school with Spencer and Mrs. Bee as the extremes and Natalie trying to navigate between them.
And as for the relationship scenes? YES! Those were really great. I've been so glad to take a break from Edward-Bella relationships, and to see some emotional depth.

WHy not the last star? Because I thought it got a bit melodramatic at the end, which is understandable since this is high school, but I felt it didn't fit with the pace of the rest of the book. And the boy interest just seemed too perfect. I know Natalie mentions how he's hooked up with other girls and how he hangs out with douchebags, but apart from one or two brief incidents, it's never really addressed in their relationship.

But apart from these, I loved these books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not That Kind of Girl.