Jen 's Reviews > For You

For You by Kristen Ashley

Apr 10, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, ka-badass-books
Read from April 06 to 10, 2012

I should start off by apologizing to Colt and Feb. Prior to reading For You, I’d read every other book in The ‘Burg series and my misguided assumption was that because I already had the basics of the story, it wasn’t worth reading. So very wrong of me. This book was awesome all on its own and I’m kicking myself for not reading it sooner. Even though Feb annoyed me due to the fact she let a misunderstanding keep her away from the man she loved for TWENTY YEARS without ever discussing it with him, her friends or family, I still found myself relating to her. She’s slightly less girlie (mostly tees, jeans and some kick a$$ jewelry) than the average Kristen Ashley heroine and I, being a Northern California gal who spends three quarters of her time in flip flops, found this fact endearing.

Colt fit the KA profile of alpha hero and was nothing short of scrumptious. His love for Feb, even while they were still separated, was always evident and my heart ached for him when he found out why he was torn apart from the love of his life for so long. The super creepy, psycho “please, Lord, don’t let me have someone like this from my past” part of the story worked for me as well. I’ve read reviews that say that aspect of the story detracts from the love story and I can see that. I enjoy the extra action The ‘Burg series includes and I felt it worked in this book.

A solid 4 stars and a big “I’m sorry” to Feb and Colt for not getting to your story sooner!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For You.

04/09/2012
75.0% "I wasn't sure about this one based on some reviews, but I'm loving the story and both Colt and Feb. Makes me sad I didn't strat with this one because that would mean I'd still have Joe to look forward to."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Jen - I loved this one too. Adored Colt. Seems this bk doesn't always get the love and attention it deserves. I was off Feb at first wanting to smack her for ignoring Colt, but she got with the plan pretty quick so I was thrilled that things moved forward with their relationship.

message 2: by Jen (last edited Apr 13, 2012 11:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Ann- I was really surprised at how much I liked this one. I avoided it because of the lack of love from other folks, but I'm so glad I finally bit the bullet and read it. Feb didn't bug me nearly as much as I'd thought she would (especially when she finally gave into Colt) and, yes, Colt was HOT! The only bad thing is now I'm almost out of new to me KA to read.

Duchess Nicole Oh, I really did like how Feb seemed to be less girlie and fashion conscious than the rest of KA's women. I definitely liked that about her...

Jen Duchess Nicole wrote: "Oh, I really did like how Feb seemed to be less girlie and fashion conscious than the rest of KA's women. I definitely liked that about her..."

OMG, I forgot I actually wrote a review for this! I obviouly didn't spend too much tim on it ;). As much as I love me some KA, I get a little tired of of the girlie "let me describe my outfit in detail" stuff.

message 5: by Fil (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fil Great review Jen! I loved this entire series!

Jen Fil wrote: "Great review Jen! I loved this entire series!"

Me too, Fil! I think it's my favorite KA series. Okay, maybe favorite tied with Colorado Mountain :D