Rina's Reviews > The Forgiven Duke

The Forgiven Duke by Jamie Carie

Jul 02, 12

bookshelves: adventure, historical-fiction, netgalley, romance
Read in June, 2012

When book one ended with the Duke getting his first glimpse of Alex sailing away to Iceland I thought for sure he would get on the next boat and catch up to her soon. The story didn’t go anything like I imagined and it was so much more exciting. I don’t want to give anything away, but…the poor Duke! What suffering and pain! Yet he was very humble later and never begged for honor or attention for what he endured.

I really liked how this book, and the whole series for that matter, isn’t just about the female protagonist. The male protagonist has just as an important story line and his own lessons to learn. St. Easton learned the biggest and hardest lessons about submitting and trusting God. All his conversations with God were well written and realistic.

The adventure is still fresh, the drama continues and the danger is even more real than book one. But while book one could be considered YA, this book (and especially book three) had some scenes and decisions that were not PG. I can’t give any particulars without spoiling the story, but a man gets drunk and wakes up naked the next morning with no memory of what happened during the night. There are also a few too many kisses.

(P.S. I read this as an ebook from NetGalley for review purposes. It didn’t seem anywhere close to 320 pages long so don’t let that big number scare you! The story flies by.)

Full review posted first on my blog: http://rinasreading.blogspot.com/2012...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgiven Duke.