Kelli Bragg's Reviews > The Man from Primrose Lane

The Man from Primrose Lane by James Renner

Apr 27, 12

Read in April, 2012

I really wanted to like this novelm because everyone else gave such glowing reviews, and hey, it contains Sci-Fi elements, one of my favorite genres, so how could I not like it? I just couldn't get into or care about any of the characters. I just thought the storyline strained credulity (plus I'm so tired of people putting personal politics into stories to make it a morality tale...agh!). Also, at times it was difficult to tell who was narrating: the Mitten Man, David as a young man and father of a toddler, someone else? Some of the events just made no sense in happening the way they did.

The premise held so much promise, but for me it fell flat. I only finished it because I don't like leaving books unread unless I find them to be utter drek, which this one isn't. I will try the author's next work, because the ideas themselves were intriguing (the not ground-breaking as some reviewers wrote)...then again, there are lots of 4-5 star reviews for this book, so maybe he just isn't my cup of tea.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man from Primrose Lane.